Starting in the departments
We have officially started working in the departments. So many mixed feelings for every new beginning. No matter how much you have prepared in advance, you are unsure of where to go and what to do, and who to talk to.
The teams have given us a warm, friendly and a sincere welcome. During the first few days we had meetings within our teams, to get to know each other, and each other’s responsibilities better. Shortly after, we got access to the relevant systems and our managers started giving us tasks and deadlines. 🙌
The introduction phase was different for everyone. Some of us got small tasks right away, others started their journey while traveling to their first business meeting. It all depends on the manager, the dynamic within the team, the department and responsibilities.
BESTSELLER is a very big company with a complex business. It takes patience, time, hard work and engagement to get to know more people and the business. We all believe in lifelong learning and development; therefore, we are taking each day at the time while enjoying it, exploring it, learning it and staying hungry for more.
A new beginning can and will be tough. Tough means development, growth, courage and a step closer to your dreams. There are few steps that might help you when you start you new job:
- Be yourself and carry yourself every single day.
- Listen carefully before sharing your stories and ask questions when you are ready.
- Get to know your team and people around you, and don’t make assumptions.
- Understand what is expected of you in the beginning and take each responsibility at the time.
- Prioritize what are the most important things to learn and make a learning plan, share that with your manager coach and stick to it until you until you are more familiar with your work and you are ready for more.
- Don’t forget to check in and remember you have your IBT family, coach, manager, team, and many people around that are there for you. Everyone started ones.
- You will need more rest – take a good care of your mental and physical health.
- Happiness is a choice everyday!
Have a great one! 🙂